Our client is one of the world’s largest manufacturing companies within the agricultural sector and they are currently recruiting for an Assistant to Import/Export Manager to be based in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town.
- Inventory planning & forecasting
- Regular meeting with production planner. (regarding RM, products and Packaging, S&OP)
- S&OP data compiling & analysing
- Familiar with MRP run.
- Goods received – manage purchases/good received; check open orders daily; (ZM41)
- Import/export assistance (e.g.: Invoice tariffing, good understanding of import documentation, inbound shipments (late orders-ZV152), ETA updates on system etc, Inbound shipments
- Assist warehouse Supervisor when needed with incoming stock-(MIGO/receiving of inventory)
- Placing of third-party orders and update production team.
- Process of purchase returns local and import
- Schedule delivery of incoming shipments (Prioritising of containers)
- Update system daily
- Assist with in-direct purchase orders-finance
- Do import documentation filing. (Auditing purpose)
- LEAN leader – Supply Chain
- Assist with cycle counts and stock take.
- Tertiary qualification related to Purchasing, Import/Export/Stock Management/Inventory
- Good knowledge of excel & VLook-up.
- 3+ years working knowledge of SAP
- Good experience in inventory planning is essential.
- 3+ years’ experience of working with inventory ordering, imports & exports
- Have drivers’ licence & own transport.
- Have a good sense of responsibility, to be able to work under very little supervision
- Be prepared to work after hours on a need to basis
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Excellent telephonic skills
- Computer literate
- Good Analytical and numeracy skills
- Language: English and Afrikaans
If you meet the requirements and would like to know more, send us your CV below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.