One of our clients in the fruit industry in Cape Town is looking to recruit a Desktop Support Technician. If you meet the requirements, lets have a chat. This is a great opportunity to be part of a stable company, especially in the current economic climate.
- Provide support, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting for desktop hardware, peripherals, data backup solutions, mobile devices, wireless, software, anti-virus, file, internet, mail, and training.
- Perform basic network support, installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Communicate with Clients effectively and directly via phone, email, and remote diagnostics to identify and resolve Client reported issues
- Ability to deliver work within agreed Service Level Agreement commitments, particularly desktop troubleshooting resolution standards, and adherence to call logging process
- Update assigned support service requests.
- Carry out swop out activities for disabled or faulty PC & laptops and or/peripherals, ensuring minimum downtime of the user. Arrange for repair activities to be initiated. Assist with returning goods to suppliers for repairs or warranty claims
- Provide for and assist users in data migration and /or backup before data erasure during support services.
- Completed technical documentation, and audits of all PC hardware and PC software, including software license compliance, highlighting any irregularities, and preventing any illegal usage
- Adhere to best Information Technology practices, policies, procedures, and directives from the company.
- Ensure that the devices, operating system, and applications are up to date with the latest drivers, service packs and system and security patches
- Minimum of a Matric education, with a technical certification (i.e.: MCSE, Server)
- Drivers license & reliable vehicle is required
- A+ cert
- N+ cert
- Security + (optional – added advantage)
- At least 2 – 3 years’ experience as a desktop support engineer.
- Self – motivated, honest & reliable, with a strong sense of accountability
- Be able to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Great problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal Skills
If you meet the requirements and would like to know more, send us your CV below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.